You Win Some, You Lose Some

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Today was a day of wins and losses. Win because Clarisse and I won 1st place in our level *Let me take a bow. Thank you, thank you!* (hehe). We had to play 3 teams but we were lucky enough to have won all of our games. Although it was a sweep (haha), I still commend the teams we played against. Indeed, it was a good fight. It was definitely a hard-earned win for us and not to mention, we had a super workout today (hehe) but hey, it's all good. At first, we were feeling the jitters but eventually we came around, played hard and won. I guess it's all about teamwork, patience and faith. Although some of the teams looked very serious and were in full battle gear (hehe), we never gave up. We literally played our hearts out today. We believed in ourselves. We believed that we can actually win this thing and we did! Yey! I get to have my very first trophy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to accept our trophy on stage and had our picture taken. I had to choose between waiting around for the awarding ceremonies and rushing back home to catch the DLSU and FEU game. What can I say! as much as I wanted to take part in the awarding ceremonies, my love for La Salle prevailed. Now, you know just how much a diehard La Sallian I am (did I say that right? What the heck!). La Salle all the way! It's the school I chose, it's the school I love.


From a high or more like from cloud nine, I was brought back to earth (haha!). It was a major bummer that La Salle lost today but I'm keeping the faith that they will win it on Thursday. I hope that they will come up with a very good game plan - one that will kick ass! (hehe). Just the same, I'll still be praying very hard for that La Salle win from now until Thursday. I think I'm going to keep my fingers - and toes!- crossed as well (haha, yeah right!).


No doubt it always feels good to win and while losing isn't really the best feeling in the world, it actually makes us more human and most of all, humble. And it shouldn't come as a surprise anymore that in life, you win some and you lose some. I believe the art of winning and losing comes with grace in acceptance of whatever goes your way and moving on after that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey candice...its me lorraine. sorry forgot to write who i was... :) i enjoy reading ur blogs...tho biased on the DLSU/FEU games.hehe :)