From Great to Lesser Expectations

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Today's a good day. It's that sort of day that I find myself smiling and feeling ecstatic. I wonder if it would have been any different if La Salle lost. My "happy bubble" would probably pop but nonetheless, I think I'd still find myself smiling. The fact that we were very lucky to have scored really good tickets to the Ateneo and La Salle game (again, thanks to Auntie Natty!) is more than enough reason to feel happy most especially for someone like me who's such a huge basketball junkie. We actually had no plans of watching because we were thinking that tickets were probably sold out already and we didn't want to bother and hassle Auntie Natty so we didn't ask her for tickets anymore. While we were watching Godsend at Rockwell last night, we had a surprise call from Auntie Natty. She had two lower box tickets! Since there were four of us, I suggested that we draw lots for it. In the end, my mom would'nt let Clarisse miss work and after much thought, Christine chose to let me and Valerie watch instead. So there we were in Araneta with good seats, a nice view and enjoying ourselves. Although I was in the company of the Blue and White people, I must say I truly enjoyed myself. I enjoyed watching the game. I enjoyed cheering my heart out. I enjoyed just being a part of the large crowd. Basketball games especially if your team is playing (and of course, winning) is always fun to watch! For the record, I also like watching Ateneo games regardless of who they are up against. It would probably be nice to be able to watch games live regularly but then again, I guess that would take away all the excitement. Maybe part of the reason why I get excited watching games live is because I don't get to do it every so often.

Here's a thought that I would just like to share. In the past, I would use to expect too much (whether with regards to important or trivial matters) that I always end up getting dissapointed. So now, I have been trying to take a different approach. Don't get me wrong, expectations will always be a part of us, no matter how hard we try to shrug it off. My past experiences thought me to be more patient and not to make too much expectations. You'd be surprised that sometimes good things happen when you least expect it. So here I am with lesser expectations and surprisingly, I find myself a lot more happier. Almost contended even.

0 comments: