Sleepy Saturday

Saturday, September 18, 2004

I couldn't sleep last night. I don't know if it was because of the caffeine in the Javanilla shake or Kris Aquino's Feng Shui. To think, I already deliberately missed the scary parts and there I was, my imagination still running wild. I just couldn't take the latter part of the movie off my mind. Thinking of the ending's "shocker," although it was kind of predictable already, just gives me the creeps! Thank God for the i-pod. It took my mind off Kris Aquino and the scary looking ghosts. The music had me wide awake though up to around 5:30 am when the sun was about to rise already. I woke up at around 9:45 am. I'm very much deprived of sleep right now. So, here I am writing this blog and very groggy! I'm definitely going straight to bed after this. At this point, I don't think anyone (and not even Kris Aquino's Feng Shui) can stop me from having a good night's sleep (hehehe). Besides, I'm over Feng Shui. After all, it's just all make-up and sound effects (that's what I try to tell myself over and over again, call it my coping mechanism! haha).

Today was spent shopping in Rockwell with Clarisse. She was off from work at 12:30 pm but had to pick Valerie up in Ateneo. Traffic was really bad in Katipunan because of the ACET. By the time she got home, it was 2:30 pm already and we haven't had our lunch yet. It's a good thing it wasn't traffic going to Rockwell. We had our very late lunch at Oliver's and Starbucks. Later today, we were able to catch the 7:25 pm showing of The Terminal at the Shang. It's just the four of us - me, my dad, Christine and Clarisse (my mom just left for a two-week vacation in Europe while Valerie has a despedida party in Alabang). From its past trailers, I had no plans of watching it because it didn't seem to catch my interest at all. Since I've been hearing good feedbacks about it, I decided to give it a try. Here's my verdict: Although there were a couple of funny parts, overall it wasn't my type of movie (I knew it!). Props to Tom Hanks though. He is one hell of a good actor. He's portrayal and accent was very believable (Galing! Galing!). I've never heard of Krokhazia but he sure makes it all real. The movie was a little too long for me and it didn't help at all that I was feeling groggy and sleepy the whole day.

Major bummer! Auntie Natty texted that more or less, she wouldn't be able to get us tickets for tomorrow's game. She suggested that we fall in line in Araneta early tomorrow morning. By the time we reach Araneta, I don't think there'll be tickets left anyway. I guess I'll have to make do watching on TV. I hope La Salle wins it tomorrow. I don't want another U.E. 2002 scenario happening again. There were a lot of conspiracy theories but the bottom line is, everyone should learn from U.E.'s very valuable mistake. I hope the entire DLSU team will play really good basketball tomorrow. As for me, I'm still praying for tickets to fall from the skies (haha, yeah right! I wish!).

0 comments: