We are the Champions!

Thursday, September 30, 2004

I decided to skip work and instead do work at home today because I didn't want to miss Game 3 of the UAAP Men's Basketball finals. Our current "project" required us to be on the phone talking to different exporting companies. I was practically on the phone the whole day because we had a deadline to beat tomorrow. Talking on the phone the whole day gets a little tiring at some point. I was never a phone person to begin with which makes things even more difficult for me. It doesn't help also that most of the people we were talking to on the other line were not very accomodating and entertaining. So you can just imagine how relieved I am to take a breather from work. All day long, I was looking forward to today's game. It's a good thing the game didn't disappoint me. I even think it's the best game yet this UAAP season. It was a close game althroughout although La Salle was trailing by a few points most of the time. It was very exciting and nerve-wracking most especially in the last few minutes of the game. Jayvee Casio's 3-pointer was a winner! Indeed, it was all about heart at that point. He shot and delivered at the times when it mattered the most. I thank God Miranda's shot didn't went in. He had a clear view of the basket and at first, it actually looked like it was going in. It would have been a big heartbreaker for me (and for the entire La Sallian community as well) if that shot of his went in. At that point, it was anybody's game. I guess it just really wasn't meant to be. I was even up on my feet shouting "Boo! Boo! Boo!" non-stop in hopes of jinxing Miranda's shot. I just feel so elated right now that La Salle won. Of course, it feels good to win but this championship makes it even more special because since the beginning of the season many doubted, many criticized, many boasted, many jeered, many came up with their own conspiracy theories but deep down in this Green Archer's heart of mine, I never stopped believing that one day, we'll prove them wrong and we did. Need I say more? =)

0 comments: