Chances

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Finally, school is almost over and done with. I don't know if it's something to smile or frown about. I guess it gives me mixed emotions. A part of me says I'm ready for change and I'm ready to move on to greater things while a part of me doesn't want to grow old and to let go. One thing I'm sure of though is I'm going to miss DLSU, friends and college life as a whole. I wish things could have played out differently. I feel that I could have done more but I no longer want to dwell on the what if's and the could-have-been's. It wouldn't do me any good anyway. Besides, I had my fair share of chances already. What more could I ask for? As many as the what if's and the could-have-been's, there's nothing left for me to do but to learn from my mistakes and to move on without any regrets. I guess that's just the way things are meant to be and let's leave it at that. I have 3 units left which includes an On-the-Job Training/Practicum with a thesis paper required to be submitted at the end of the term. For the past days, I have been enjoying my little R&R&R (that's rest, relaxation and recreation) time for myself. Heck! I deserve it. After all, I have been working my butt off for the past 4 years and 1 term. Not that I'm complaining or anything but for the longest time, I have been a slave of stress. Once again, I come face to face with my nemesis, the dreaded stress. I am faced with the dilemma of finding an OJT company. My break has not even officially begun (hehe yeah right!) and here I am again, stuck with a problem. I wonder when will I ever be problem- and worry- free? (*Sigh!*) Just when you start thinking that everything is fine and dandy, something comes up. You see, I am slowly feeling the pressure of still not having an OJT (On-the-Job Training) company to work for. To make matters worse, my dad is constantly nagging me about my OJT. He wants me to start working right away even if I keep on telling him that the deadline given to us by our practicum coordinator is still on October 8. Meaning, by October 8 we should be working already. As early as now though, most groups have already started working. Actually, we were interviewed by Maersk Filipinas last week. The job that they are planning to give us is actually quite interesting. We were quite sure that they were accepting us already - so sure that we turned down the offer by SMART. We were only waiting for our coordinator's approval. I don't really know why but from hot, hot, to steaming hot, Maersk literally went cold, cold, to icy cold. Anne's going to call Maersk again tomorrow and I am praying as hard as I can that they will come around. I pray that they will come to their senses and accept us (haha!). Okay, I have learned to accept and understand the fact that things do not and cannot always go your way no matter how good and deserving you think you are. However, I still believe that sometimes in life, all we need is just ONE chance.

0 comments: