Lucky Break

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Yey! I was able to catch the game today between DLSU and FEU. I thought I wouldn't be able to watch it anymore because of work but it's a good thing though that we were given a day off today. It was the perfect timing! I'd like to think of it as a lucky break. I was supposed to ask the driver to buy tickets at Araneta last Monday but decided against it at the last minute because the "good" side of me prevailed (hehe!). I was actually debating whether or not to skip work today. In the end, I decided to go to work and have the game recorded/taped instead but still that did no stop me from whining and complaining all week long (hehe!). Of course, for someone like me who's a diehard fan, missing a game (more so if it's the finals) is a big deal. So you can just imagine how relieved and happy I was upon learning yesterday that we will be given the day off today (not naman as in super happy since I was feeling all confused and crappy yesterday). Sayang nga lang because I wasn't able to buy tickets anymore but then again, it's still better to catch it on TV live than being stuck at work and not being able to watch it at all. Game 1 of the finals proved to be a good one for La Salle. La Salle played really good defense against FEU and to think, FEU is the no.1 defensive team in the league right now. I feel happy for La Salle. I hope they'll win it all the way. I also hope I'll get to watch at least one of the remaining games live. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the badminton tournament this Sunday will finish early so that I can at least catch the game on TV (fyi, the badminton tournament has games scheduled in the morning but unfortunately, our games were scheduled in the afternoon, grrr!). And if there will be a game 3 (I'm pretty sure there will be one), I'm wishing as hard as my powers will allow me (haha) that we'll be given a day off again next Thursday so that I can try to watch the game live. Hmm...is it really possible to have two consecutive lucky breaks? (I hope so!)

I'm no longer feeling as crappy as yesterday not because La Salle won (but it helped! hehe) but because today's break gave me the time out to clear my thoughts. I've decided I don't want to worry too much anymore. I don't want to overanalyze things because it makes matters even more complicated. From now on, I'm going to take things one day at a time. Really, whatever works... =)

0 comments: