Yikes!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Today was our first day of training. It takes us about 15 to 20 minutes walk from our hotel/apartment to the training center. At the rate the Taiwanese are walking, I think I won’t have to go to the gym any time soon (hehe). I already missed 2 weeks of training but according to the supervisors, workshops on the core and more important components of the training will only begin today so no worries. My colleagues include 3 Taiwanese, 2 Thais and 2 Filipinos. From time to time, some Hong Kong people are asked by their respective bosses to join our workshops as well. My very first day of training was B-O-R-I-N-G. Unlike the other professional associates who are well-experienced and have been working for quite some time now, I’m new in this business and I must admit I’m not as familiar with the ins and outs of this business.

After the training, we (there’s also another Filipino girl who also missed the first 2 weeks of the training) were asked to see the regional HR head for our initial meeting. She initially asked us how we were doing and basically moved on to indirectly scolding us about the “unpleasant incident.” She was actually very discreet and subtle but I can tell that she was very disappointed and unhappy. This was definitely not the first job impression that I wanted to create. In all fairness, she gave me the chance to explain my side but in the end, she couldn’t really understand where I’m coming from so I just politely said my apologies just to appease her. Once again, it’s quite obvious that today wasn’t a good day. It wasn’t as bad as yesterday but just the same, it was still bad. What am I getting myself into?

0 comments: