Little Packages

Friday, March 11, 2005

After having a very bad lunch a while ago and after having one bad day after the other, it’s quite refreshing to feel happy about something again.

AXN. I was so delighted that our hotel/apartment has just added AXN – finally a channel that I can relate to. Back home, I’m not much of an AXN fan. I only watch it primarily because of Amazing Race and occasionally whenever I feel like watching Fear Factor or CSI. However, given the circumstances I’m in right now, I consider AXN as the “it” channel for now (haha). Ever since I got here, my TV was always tuned in to CNN. That’s why I can safely say that I’m now well-versed with the world’s events (haha). Coming here to Hong Kong, I was bummed out that I wouldn’t be able to follow the new seasons of Amazing Race, American Idol and Survivor. So I’m so happy now that I’ll get to watch Amazing Race. I’m hoping they’ll also add Star World. After all, I think it has Hong Kong as its headquarters in Asia. Jane, a friend of my sister who’s based here in Hong Kong, also told me that Star World is a staple on Hong Kong TV with or without cable. So how come my TV doesn’t have Star World? Hong Kong cable TV sucks.

Free Wi-Fi. I could actually apply for unlimited Broadband Internet Access in my apartment for 450 HK a month. Jane said that her internet costs only 100 HK a month. It’s so cheap and is as fast as having DSL (100 mbps). As important it is for me to have internet access, I thought it was best not to apply first just in case I might transfer to another single apartment within the month. However, I was so delighted to find out that our hotel/apartment lobby offers free wi-fi. So here I am now…blogging! (heehee!). Now I get to communicate with the outside world and find some sort of amusement for myself here (hehe). I can now check my mails, surf the net and download my favorite TV shows and songs. But since they don’t have power outlets here in the lobby, I have to depend on my laptop’s battery all the time.

My Ipod. It’s a good thing I decided to bring it here. It entertains me whenever I feel really bored or whenever I couldn’t sleep.

For some, these may be just really shallow things but if there’s anything that I’ve learned here after a few days of being by my lonesome self, it’s that as soon as you’re out of your comfort zone, you’ll really learn to truly appreciate even the smallest, silliest and shallowest of things. I've now definitely learned to open and appreciate the little packages that come my way. I'm even surprised to actually find myself smiling over it.

0 comments: