Say What?

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Is there such a thing as the Art of Conversation? I was used to be bothered by uncomfortable silences. Yes, those painstakingly loooong awkward pauses. I still feel some uneasiness whenever faced with this type of situation but I guess not as much anymore. With the exception of those people who like to go on and on about themselves (hehe), there'll always be those instances when there's really nothing to say or there's nothing left to say. Sometimes you can force your way and keep the ball rolling. However, small talks are what they are - nothing more. They are merely temporary fillers. From experience, I'd often end up saying something stupid or not making any sense at all. Thus, making a complete fool out of myself. Also, I don't like it when the conversations end up being too forced or "pilit." Of course, there should always be some effort but if the conversation isn't going anywhere, why bother? If all else fails, why not just enjoy the moment of silence? There's way too much noise in this world anyway.

0 comments: