Hasta la Vista

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's our last night together in Hong Kong and we spent it Karaoke-ing and having eat all you can shabu shabu afterwards. The general agreement was whether you like it or not, you had to sing. I've never sung in karaokes because I never really had the courage to go for it. Since it's our last night together and all, I didn't want to be a killjoy or a pushover so I just went for the mic and just sang my heart out as if I were in the comforts of my bathroom (hehe). Thank God everyone was singing along too. Everybody should be familiar with Chicago's Hard to Say I'm Sorry, right. As I was belting out the opening lines of the song, I gradually overcame the initial nervousness and shyness that I was feeling. It was even surprisingly fun! I've been way too tense (or rigid?) for the longest time so I thought what the heck! it's about time that I let loose (even for tonight only). It actually felt good and liberating. Take note, I wasn't even drunk. I think it's been ages since I've really relaxed and enjoyed myself in the true sense. I think I should try to loosen up a bit more often and just be myself - no more worries and pretenses. Dinner was a little chaotic but kakabusog! It's eat all you can shabu shabu so what can you expect from 9 (minus Brian) very hungry people? We capped off the night by saying our goodbyes. Unlike the usual sad and sappy goodbyes (with the exception of Anita's crying), the mood was generally light. Amidst all the joking and laughter though, there was still a tinge of sadness in the air and somehow to varying degrees, it really felt like everyone was genuinely going to miss each other (and our so-called HK life together). For whatever its worth, it has been a memorable experience. Until the next time we meet again, you guys. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, ur back na ba? the afterwards reminiscin about it all is one of the best things.. parang you feel so damn proud of urself and so happy for all the lessons learned. ;)

Candice said...

yup i'm back for good hehe. i've been here 2 wks na. when are we having lunch or dinner? hehe. overall it has been a good experience. looking back, i couldn't believe how i was able to surpass all the challenges that came my way. i would like to think i'm stronger and wiser now ;)