TGIF

Friday, May 20, 2005

If there's anything that I'm most looking forward to here, it's Friday. I love the weekends more than ever now. In fact, I cherish the weekends. I'm relieved from all the pressures of work. I can temporarily forget anything work related. Well, not unless we're given some assignment or project. Nevertheless, the weekends give me the much needed break that (I think) I badly need and might I just add, I so badly deserve (hehe). After a week's worth of work, just the thought of having "free" time to myself excites, enlightens and energizes me in many ways. Except for the group's usual happy hours and occasional get-togethers and outings, we're pretty much on our own on weekends. So my weekends are strictly reserved for some serious R and R and R - rest, relaxation and recreation.

On weekends...

I get to wake up a little later than usual and stay in bed for as long as I want. Well actually only long enough until it's time for the housekeeping lady to clean my room.

I get to do my groceries. I have to replenish and stock up on a week's worth of food. And I don't know why but I just enjoy my time in groceries.

I get to go to the malls and do a little shopping. Aaaah...therapeutic.

I get to catch up on my favorite TV shows. Marathons of The O.C., Desperate Housewives and 24 season 4 are my numero uno stress-relievers. Local TV also has Survivor and The Apprentice 3 on every Saturday.

I get to go watch movies. I don't get to watch as much anymore as when I was back home. Most people here don't watch as much movie as we do in Manila. Aside from having limited movies to choose from and movie tickets being more expensive, coming attraction movies are shown a month or a few weeks later as compared to the now showing movies in Manila. Since my colleagues aren't really regular moviegoers and being the huge movie buff that I am, I couldn't resist and pass on whatever may seem like a good movie to me at the moment. So inspite of having some hesistations, one fine day I went ahead and decided to just go watch by my lonesome self. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad and scary at all. I actually even enjoyed myself. So far, I've only watched The Pacifier, Miss Congeniality and The Interpreter that's because there aren't any new English movies to choose from here.

You see, I make it a point to find simple ways and means to unwind and amuse myself regardless of whether in the company of others or of myself. Nothing really fancy. No need for big happenings or whatever event. Weekends should be refreshing. I personally believe that we should strive to work hard but we should not forget to play hard as well. We owe it to ourselves. Thank God it's Friday!

Have a nice weekend y’all. I know I will.

2 comments:

Candice said...

yup! why not? these were the better choices that i had at that time and i would've watched it anyway back home. the movies were ok. these are the type of movies that i would like to refer to as the so-so movies. dvd's are cheaper in manila so i'd rather u send me a roadster! wahaha ;)

Anonymous said...

hey..wow ud get to watch movies alone. thats one thing i havent tried pa ever. cguru not here sa manila..;) glad na ur getting to have some r & r din kahit papanu. so far ako sbra busy here, not much time for r & r. kahit weekends i have work kasi sometimes. im wanting to go to hk nga eh..visit u and mag backpacking adventure. but mum says next year na raw. got back fr bkk lang kasi. dami k na rin absent haha hope things are doing great there.