Just to Clarify

Friday, November 02, 2007

If something wrong or untrue has been said about me, I’d rather know. No matter how messy and ugly, I want to know. I want to know even if it’s tantamount to opening Pandora’s box.

I want to know so I can defend myself properly. I want to know so I can clarify things and prove them wrong. I don’t want to fight - not even close. Thank God, I’m not an angry person. I can talk and sit through an entire confrontation without having to shout, curse or resort to any physical action.

I’m a person of principles (and opinons). If the issue concerns me and most especially if it’s totally nowhere near the freakin' truth, I will not let it pass just for the sake of peace and harmony. It’s so unfair to jump the gun and accuse me of saying something that I never actually said or as the case may be of doing something that I never did. I’m not going to take things sitting down and pretend as if everything's rosy and picture perfect, as if I didn’t hear anything or as if nothing happened. I’m willing to get down and dirty just to sort things out and get to the bottom of the issue. I will stand up for what I believe is right and for the principles I hold. What is important to me is being able to speak my mind and get my message across. After which, wala na akong pakialam ano pa man ang sasabihin nila patungkol sa akin. They already have preconceived biases and judgments about me anyway and nothing I say or do can change their minds. I really can’t do anything anymore if some people are so stubborn and close minded. I can only do so much, you know.

And if ever I was wrong, I'll be the bigger person and admit my mistake. It’s not easy but we should all learn to humble ourselves. I wouldn’t lash out on other people for my own mistakes. I wouldn’t drag other issues to cover for my own mistakes. Most of all, I wouldn’t use anger as my defense. Don't get me wrong, it's normal to get angry. What's not normal is to let anger control you and get the best out of you.

Before, I really can’t understand how some people can get so angry to the point na kulang nalang kakainin na sila ng buhay ng galit nila (yep that bad!). However through the years, I've observed and I've come to comprehend (note: not understand) that oftentimes people are most angry when they have erred and wronged someone else. Isn't it ironic?

If only we can do away with anger and all the other excess baggage, we'd most probably be able to do so much more. More so our lives would be so much lighter, easier and better. To borrow a quote that I've read somewhere, “Don’t get angry, get smart.” For the record, I'm not angry and I wasn't angry. All I wanted to do was to clarify the issue, defend myself (by getting all the facts straight from the horse's mouth) and prove you wrong, which I believe I eventually did. You didn't have to get all angry.

0 comments: