Post Graduation Thoughts

Monday, February 14, 2005

After exactly 4 years and 2 terms in DLSU, I finally graduated with flying colors last Saturday (February 5, 2005). I feel a strong sense of achievement that I was able to successfully complete my education and to top it all of, graduate honorable mention. It truly feels great to have come to the realization of a goal that I’ve worked so hard for. And now as I graduate and move on to (*Ahem!*) GREATER things, I can’t help but feel a surge of mixed emotions. I feel some sort of happiness. I guess that's self-explanatory. I feel some sort of sadness that I’m officially leaving college life behind (and with that…I hope that I’ll stay connected or in close contact with friends I’ve made along the way). I feel some sort of confusion as to the direction that I want to take. At this point, I do not really know what I want to do. As of the meantime, my game plan consists of taking the backseat (translation: I don’t want to pressure myself too much and I don’t want to rush things and make rash decisions that I’ll later on regret) and rather than making things happen for myself, I’ll just wait for opportunity to present itself. I know this may not sound like a smart game plan at all but base from experience, sometimes forcing things to happen creates too much expectations and false hopes. So I’ll just take things nice and slow and take it one day at a time. I feel some sort of excitement of what’s ahead of me. I can only hope for bigger and better things to come. I guess I can say that more or less I’m prepared for whatever the future has in stored for me. No matter how different I’d like some things to have been or for the way some things to have turned out and no matter how much altering or changing I want to make, at this point I can only be thankful for being so blessed in spite and despite of.


Partners in Crime: Mae, Me, Anne, Pan (DLSU Graduation in PICC) Posted by Hello


In all our glory (hehe): Tin, Joj, Pan, Ga, Me, Anne, Kathy, Mae Posted by Hello

0 comments: