One More Try

Thursday, February 17, 2005

And the saga (of my future career) continues on…

I received a call this morning and I was scheduled for another interview early this afternoon with their MIS person. Yes, the one person who supposedly can and will technically determine once and for all whether or not this job is for me. In short, the fate of my future lies in her hands. You see, they still have some hesitation because I mentioned from my previous interviews that I’m really not the numbers/quantitative type of person. At least I was honest about it. What's important is I’m always willing to learn and very persistent at that! ;)

At one point in the interview, I was asked to analyze the given graph and table on the spot. I was literally petrified but of course I still had to stay cool like as if it was no big deal to me (hehe). It's a good thing though I’m usually calm under pressure. Phew! I’m so relieved I was able to pull that one off (now I ought to give myself a well-deserved pat on the back heehee!). From the interview, it turns out that I had the wrong job description in mind. It turned out that, aside from the analytics and whole numbers thing, the job will involve a lot of programming which by the way I have no background on (not even the basics!). The analysis part I think I can deal with especially with more practice but the programming part….I really don’t know. But with proper training, I'm pretty sure some way some how I can deal with it naman din. However, I’m not so sure if it’s exactly what I want to do for the next 2 years or so. It's a matter of whether or not it really interests me. I feel confused right now. I think the 5 months training in Hong Kong under the tutelage of a Yale doctorate makes the job a whole lot more attractive and makes it a little too good to pass. More so I get to further advance my education and the new environment is a fresh change. I think we'll also be given a sizeable amount for our allowance which is a plus. Really…I don’t know what to do. I’ve always been hard working in school so the learning aspect is not that much of a problem. What concerns me right now is whether or not I’ll be happy with the job in the long run. *(3:50 pm)
----
During dinner, I got a call again. I have another interview tomorrow. Supposedly it’s to finalize things daw. So what's the state of my mind right now? My mind’s clearer now after talking to my dad. I feel more encouraged. I feel surer now. I’ve decided to take the job if and when I will be accepted. Maybe it’s about time for me to undertake changes in my life. I’ve always wanted some change anyway. I think I need it. So now that opportunity has already presented itself, why not take it? Perhaps change will even be good for me. Wish me luck.

0 comments: