Me, Myself and My Lonesome Self

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Shark Tale is already out in the theaters today. I've been wanting to watch it. From the trailers, it looks like a fun movie to watch! But of course, I couldn't watch it today because I had to go to work. I spent the day at work all by my lonesome self. It was a first for me which I think will still need a lot of getting used to. It's hard when you have no one to talk to or share your trivial thoughts with or laugh around with your corny jokes (hehe). The people in the office are nice but being the new "kid" on the block, I'm not as comfortable yet with the unfamiliarity. It's a good thing though I had some sort of work to do otherwise I'd be lost out of my mind. For the record, it has been a productive day for me (hehe). I finished quite a lot today. Anne and Mae had an interview scheduled for the day while Pan had a badminton tournament to attend to and as for myself, I apparently had no reason or excuse whatsoever. Being the professional that I am (*Ahem! Ahem!*), I was left with no other choice but to dutifully go to work. Fortunately, Clarisse's office was just near mine so I wasn't a loner during lunch break. We agreed to eat lunch at our favorite UCC Paseo. It wasn't too long a distance but it wasn't short either. If only I were wearing sneakers, I wouldn't mind the distance at all. Really, I'd gladly welcome a good and much needed (hehe!) exercise anytime. I think I need to catch up on a whole lot of exercising. I've lately been tired, lazy or even busy in my standards (as a matter of fact, I have my own definition of "busy" haha!). So there goes my resolution to be all fit and healthy. It has indeed been a struggle (wahahaha). My high-heeled sandals may have made my feet all sore but nonetheless, the meal was a sumptuous one. The food definitely made the walk all worth it! (hehe)

After lunch, there I was again singing to the tune of Celine Dion's All By Myself (hehe). But hey! being alone doesn't bother me as much anymore unlike before. Hmm...is this a sign of maturity? I would like to think so ;). You know what, sometimes it's okay to be alone. Once in a while, we all need a break from each other to recoup and be in touch with our inner self and surroundings. The truth of the matter is finding yourself in solitude is inevitable but it doesn't always have to mean that you're lonely or a total loser. You'd even be surprised that sometimes to be in the company of ourselves isn't that bad after all. It is in fact the perfect opportunity to reflect on what you've done, didn't do, could have done and could still do in your life. Surely nobody wants to be alone forever but I would like to believe that there is still such a thing as solitary contentment, which we all ought to have just so as to be able to have a good grip of ourselves from time to time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i definitely enjoy bein alone sometimes. doesnt mean that ur this loner, friendless weirdo of some sort. i do believe that being alone helps you think more about urself, and somehow grow. hehe but when ur depressed, its not that good...speaking from experience. btw, i already have a job...at fila...as a visual merchandiser and graphic artist. i started today and it was fun. c ya soon. dont fret on being alone. its therapeutic. :)