Extra Challenge Undercovered

Friday, October 08, 2004

I just came home from Rockwell where we watched The Punisher. I wasn't expecting much since it was a flop in the U.S. and I think it has been receiving poor reviews. I really wanted to watch Shark Tale or Wimbledon but cartoons and teeny bopper movies aren't exactly my dad's idea of a good movie so I really had no choice to begin with. By the way, did you know that The Punisher was a Marvel comics character? I didn't know that until I saw the opening credits of the movie (hehe). It wasn't that bad really although there's just way too much violence involved. I guess that's just what happens when you lose all the people you love unexpectedly in the hands of revenge-seeking gruesome people. I think what the protagonist had to go through is the worst thing that can happen to a person. The movie gives you a take of how it feels like to have nothing to lose and live for anymore. It gives us a perspective of how life would be like without family. To say that it is unbearable is even an understatement.


Anyways, work today was a bit stressful. I was originally tasked to do the advertising strategy part of our OJT undertaking but I'm now faced with the daunting task of doing the company's Intranet in the Philippines, which for your information is accessible to all Maersk offices around the world and mind you, will be supposedly used for the next 3 years tops. Some pressure huh? I may be a creative person but I'm no professional webmaster. I want to be though (hehe) but I just don't have the patience to go through the tutorials all by myself. As many webpage software choices available in the market right now, I'm left with no other option but to use Microsoft Frontpage since it's what the company is currently using. As if I wasn't already having a difficult time trying to figure my way through the ins and outs of Frontpage, I was even given a list of restrictions - from the colors, fonts, page margins, layouts/templates, pictures, software programs, no take home work and the list goes on. How can I do the job well if my resources and creativity are being limited? So how can they expect me to come up with a kick ass website now? Don't mind me though, I'm just being a little bit O.A. right now (hehe). I'm just panick-stricken because I never had a background of designing webpages and I have little time and resources to finish the website. To think, I haven't even finished the advertising strategy yet and not only that, we still have a marketing plan for our thesis and nerve-wracking panel defense all scheduled by the end of the term. Nonetheless, I actually believe that I can still do the job well if only I was given the freedom to do whatever I want. Webpage designing is something that actually interests me if only I wasn't ignorant on the subject matter. Really, the restrictions wouldn't be that much of a problem anymore if only I knew how to create a webpage. The thing is, nobody's patient enough to teach me (not even myself! haha). This is a challenge that I'm left with no other choice but to face head on regardless of the circumstances. I'll definitely be needing all the inspiration, patience and courage that I can get in the few months ahead. Good luck to me. I hope Microsoft Frontpage will be very cooperative and will work with me on this (haha!). Who knows I might even end up being a webpage designer guru of some sort (haha yeah right!).

P.S. Sorry for the corny title. No pun intended! (hehe).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

creating webpages are really cool and fun. im not good nor am i knowledgeable on it though. i could offer my services but only in layouting or creating a design per se. if you need pro help, i can give you my friend's number. :)