Whatever Works

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

During our usual Saturday lunch, I got some flack over something that really is nothing to begin with. Hence...my point of observation.

Point of observation: Older people are more resistant to change. That is, because they seem to be narrower minded. Well at least the older people that I know. They continue to impose the old norm defying all sorts of logical reasoning. Sometimes it gets so frustrating and twisted already, seriously. All I’m saying is we should be more open minded. We should not be restricted to the confines of the old. We shouldn’t completely disregard the new in favor of the old just because. Old norms exist to serve as a guide but we should not be blinded into thinking that it is the be all and end all of everything.

While the old norms have undoubtedly been the practice of many generations, it is utter foolishness and stupidity to think that it is full proof. Times are constantly changing. Therefore, it is very important for us to be able to adapt and readjust. What may have worked before may not necessarily work now. More so what may have worked for you may not exactly work for me. Heck, what may have worked for the majority does not even give me any guarantee at all!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the old norm. However, we should never let these norms define the persons that we are nor should we let these norms limit our friendships and/or relationships and other life’s great potentials; take love and happiness, for instance.

1 comments:

Keith said...

I take love and happiness anyday. I am never bordered by, or confined by the norms.... Who would think a bankjer would think like this? Wonderful post!