The Week That Was

Friday, June 09, 2006

This week has been relatively good at work. This week was like a fresh of breath air to me. I literally breeze through this one. It's not because something or anything big happened. It's just that the work load seemed surprisingly lighter and easier to handle and to top it all of, my boss took a week long worth of vacation leave. Needless to say, I got to go home no later than 7pm for the entire week. I have nothing against my boss. She's nice and all that. It's just that I don't really like working late - that's all. I mean, do I really have to put in more hours just because my boss prefers to work long and late hours? By the time the clock ticks 7pm, I start to lag. My mind starts to wander elsewhere. My energy level starts to drop. I honestly think I'm more prone to making mistakes caused by fatigue and irritation. In short, I'm no longer a happy camper. I really think that going home on my own time is so much healthier. Actually, all my ranting, whining and complaining has been kept to a minimum for the entire week. I'll do away with all that though. Well, eventually. I also noticed that I feel more re-energized and upbeat to go to work the following day. So the week that was was such a refresher minus the usual stress and pressure and yeah, minus my boss. I wish I could have more weeks like this one.

0 comments: