Easy Like Sunday Morning

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I'm a certified morning person. I always was. For as long as it doesn't require me from getting up earlier than 8:30 or 9:00 am, I'm all good. By the standards of people my age, 8:30 to 9:00 am is considered very early already. I like it most when I get to wake up on my own time and I get to stay a little longer in bed lying down - yung nagmumuni-muni ba (hehe). I would usually make it a point to get up on or before 10:00 am though. It may be a little surprising or weird to know that I enjoy something as ordinary or mundane as breakfasts. Yes, having breakfasts is a simple pleasure that I truly enjoy. Good coffee and the dailies are a must. I don't know why but I just find it very relaxing. I call it my chill mode. Everything seems on fast forward mode nowadays. I guess it's my way of slowing down. As cheesy as I'm going to sound, nobody seems to take the time out to relish the start of a fresh new day anymore. It's either people wake up to rush off to do their errands or they wake up really late just in time for lunch or worse, for merienda. Kanya-kanyang style siguro. For me, nothing beats starting my day easy like Sunday morning.

0 comments: