Pre-Project Jitters

Monday, June 20, 2005

The original plan was for us to do one final project at the end of July as the culmination of our training. We were supposed to be given the entire month of July to do it. However, management has suddenly decided that they wanted us to also present to the regional head. And since we had to be squeezed in to her very busy schedule, they moved the final project to the last two weeks of June instead. So the final plan is for us to do a full presentation for our supervisors and an executive summary presentation for the regional head four days after. This is pressure in the superlative sense. I mean as if having to present to management wasn't nerve-wracking enough, they made matters worse by wanting us to present to the regional head and finish the project in just two weeks time! If there's anything that can console me right now, at least it's a group project. I couldn't possibly imagine doing all this by myself. After roughly four months of training, I haven't really learned the ropes yet. Honestly, I'm still clueless! I think I need more time to understand the ins and outs of this business. I hope I can remember whatever I've learned so far and my bosses in Manila wouldn't expect too much from me when I get back. Hay...what have I gotten myself into? I don't want to stress myself too much with work. If any, the work set-up and contract adds to the pressure and makes things a tad more complicated. I just wish everything will all work out in the end. Maybe I should be more confident and optimistic about all this and who knows...maybe it wouldn't be half as bad as I thought it would be.

0 comments: