Where's My Driver's License?

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Grrr! I just realized that I lost my driver’s license. I just had it renewed last August. Hassle! I perfectly remembered the time when I had it renewed. Let’s just say that the LTO needs to do some serious revamping – major overhaul is more like it. I believe that the process of applying and renewing licenses should be made more “customer” friendly or as in this case, driver friendly (?). We shouldn’t be put through the tedious process of applying and having to wait for long hours. To think it’s only the renewing of driver’s license. What more when applying for a new driver’s license? I’ve gone to the LTO to apply for a student’s permit, driver’s license and to renew my driver’s license. In all three occasions, it’s so hassle. There was quite a number of applicants and worse, the people behind LTO are so inefficient (so slow!). Not that I drive anyway (hehe). In fact, I don’t really drive which is precisely why from the time I renewed my license in August, it’s only now (January na!) that I realized I’ve lost my license na pala. I actually had no plans of even renewing my license after all my dad wouldn’t allow me to drive anyway. He’d always tell us (my sisters also) that he’d let us drive but we have to keep on practicing. Hmmm…we’ve been practicing for how many “years” na kaya? I lost track already. So when I told my mom that I lost my license and had no plans of applying again because it’s so hassle and I don’t really drive naman talaga, lo and behold! my mom said that I need my driver’s license because I would have to drive na rin daw soon. Take note: “soon” daw (haha yeah right!). Hello?! May I just say that my student’s permit and driver’s license expired already and I’ve driven the car twice only outside the village (with the driver in the passenger seat pa yun ah). We used to always have debates with my dad. The subject of the debate being...to allow us to drive. So since it didn’t look like my dad was going to allow us to drive any soon, I pretty much dropped the subject. With all the traffic, wreckless drivers who by the way think they're the kings of the road (special mention: jeepney, taxi and bus drivers), limited parking space, and with La Salle so far away (although I'm finished with school already), who would want to drive anyway? (hehe). Nevertheless, my main reason really why I wanted to drive na is so that I wouldn't have to depend on the driver all the time (right, right?!).

0 comments: