My First Job Interview

Monday, January 10, 2005

I had my very first job interview today. I actually didn't expect it to be this soon but it certainly was a pleasant surprise. I received an unexpected call from Monde Nissin Saturday afternoon informing me of an opening in trade marketing. I e-mailed my resume the day before not knowing that there was actually a job opening. I was thinking I must just as well e-mail my resume just in case. I have nothing to lose anyway. The interview went pretty well. It was okay. I was surprisingly calm. I didn't feel intimidated or anything. I wasn't excited nor was I anxious. As in wala lang...I was more like N.R. siguro (hehe). It was only towards the latter part of the interview that the HR person gave a more detailed description of the trade marketing position. It was far from what I thought the job would be. Trade marketing...so what comes to mind? I initially thought it would involve handling the company's imports and exports accounts. From what I've understand now, it turns out though that it involves handling the company's below-the-line marketing which means having to supervise and check the company's products all over Metro Manila (And when I asked how far, as far as Cavite daw - LOL! I was thinking Paranaque or Alabang and I already wasn't willing to go that far). From time to time, work would also have to start very early in the morning (roughly around 5 to 6 am) and end late at night. And did I mention that there's whole day work in Monde Nissin every Saturday? If only the job position was one that I really like, I was even willing to give up my Saturdays. Unfortunately, I don't think the job position is for me. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. However, I came into the interview already prepared for whatever the outcome may be. Ultimately in the end, if it's really not meant to be...why force it?

0 comments: