Healthier Options

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I’m so stuffed right now. It's my sister's birthday today so we had dinner in Makati Shangri La’s Circles. Nice place, good food. The place was unexpectedly quite full – well, for a weekday anyway. I’ve been eating to my heart's delight for the past few weeks or so and I rarely even run the treadmill anymore. FYI: I used to religiously run the treadmill for at least an hour to sometimes even 3 hours everyday. Heck! I was even enrolled in Fitness First Eastwood. Blame it on the so-called hectic schedule that I have in school or perhaps on sheer laziness (guilty!). Now that the holiday season is over and after constant reaffirmations of my new year’s resolution of healthy eating combined with daily exercise, I unsurprisingly find myself nowhere near the realization of my new year’s resolution (so what else is new? hehe). I haven’t got or hopped on the treadmill nor have I started eating healthily. Case in point is the alarmingly (hehe O.A. ba?) recurring takeouts in McDonalds (how can you resist their fries and chocolate sundae?) and KFC for lunch (their Go-go Dragon is yummy!). It also doesn't help at all that I have a sweet tooth. I just love desserts. To make matters worse, I’ve been sitting my butt off for the entirety of the day in front of either the computer (job hunting!) or TV (with The O.C. and One Tree Hill marathons) for the past three days. Although if I were to think about it, I really haven’t even had a week’s vacation - not including the holiday season - ever since school finished (Give me a break will you?). Technically speaking, I’m just on my 3rd day of vacation. Actually, I’m on a self-proclaimed vacation right now until further notice (wahaha). Since I have so much time in my hands right now and might I just add matter of factly I’m still very much into the job process, I’ve vowed to make the treadmill my best friend from here on out. I want to be fit not for any other reason but for myself to feel good and above all, for better health. Nothing but healthier options for me from now onwards and hopefully into the future. (Wish me luck! ;))

Makati Shangri La, Circles Posted by Hello

0 comments: