The Truth of the Matter

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Honesty is the best policy or so they say.

Despite knowing the negative consequences and reactions, I still opted to tell the truth time and again. Don’t I at least get some credit? I guess not.

It feels as if I don’t get appreciated for telling the truth anymore, for generally being open about my personal life, for obeying the rules, for not causing much trouble and headache. I’d like to think that I’ve been mostly good and well behaved all throughout. Modesty aside, I believe my track record can very well speak for itself.

It’s ironic though how you still get in trouble for doing the right thing. So should I just detach myself? What use is it to share your thoughts and feelings when it gets misinterpreted into something else and subsequently gets blown out of proportion. Maybe I should just be more of a pasaway then since what good I do won’t matter anyway. And is lying the better thing to do now? Sometimes I wonder if the truth is still worth telling.

0 comments: