Choosing Between the Heart and the Mind

Saturday, October 27, 2007

When it comes to love, relationships and life in general, should we use our mind more than our heart? Would it be more adviseable to be more rational and/or practical rather than go all emotional? Does it have to be this complicated, really? Of course, it would be best if we could create a perfect or at least a good enough balance and sense of our rationales and emotions. However the fact of the matter is, our rationales and emotions usually don't go hand in hand. Most often than not, they work in exact opposite directions so much so we end up a hell lot more lost and confused than ever. Therefore, should I just go with my gut feel even if it has a hit and miss ratio of, if I were being optimistic - 20 to 70 or if I were to be conservative, 10 to 90?

I know I can never be sure of the outcome but if and when that I do get stuck in such a situation where I would have to choose or make a decision (hopefully not or never or nothing serious if ever), I wish I'd always know what I want and that I'd have the courage to go for it and fight for it, if necessary. I wish I'd trust myself more and be bold enough to face fear, failure and rejection in the eye. And if at the end of it all I was wrong, I wish I'd still have the strength to pick up the pieces and get back up again. I think for whatever its worth though, the real important thing is to be able to live life with no (or little) regrets in spite of the consequences of the risks we took - and didn't take.

0 comments: