Bull!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I’m kind of bothered with this incident at the office yesterday. It really is no biggie – nothing major or life changing. Mababaw pa nga kung iisipin mo. Unfortunately, my reaction to this incident was kind of delayed. Case in point, it’s precisely why I’m writing about it just now. I wasn’t really sure at that time if I was just overreacting or if objecting was the right thing to do - not knowing if the other “affected” people felt the same way too (or if they just didn’t want to bother anymore for the sake of peace and harmony).

Now I know for a fact that I wasn’t just overreacting. I’ve talked to someone and she had the same sentiments as well (including other more serious issues). I’ve also asked people close to me and the answer was really a no brainer. All were unanimous is saying that they would’ve spoken up and rejected the idea for all the right and obvious reasons.

You see, it was supposedly the dilemma of just one person (the responsible person). However, it became everyone else’s problem when this other person (one of the affected) suggested this supposedly brilliant idea of hers – I guess out of sympathy since they were quite close. Sa akin lang, why even bother with the suggestion when obviously it would cause such a huge inconvenience for the majority? If she really wanted to, she could’ve volunteered herself right on the spot and not at the expense of others.

Initially, the idea was thrown around in jest. Yung dinadaan sa biro na sinasakyan naman ng lahat. It was okay at first thinking that it was like a last minute attempt or desparate effort. It even seemed that she (the responsible person) was almost resigned to the fact (but still with a glimpse of hope) that she will most likely have to do this thing that nobody wanted to do for very obvious reasons. If I was chosen and sent out to do something, it is but common sense to think that I was entrusted to bear full responsibility. If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't pass the burden to others because I know it wouldn't be right. If I know that I will have to step on other people's toes, huwag nalang.

What I really didn’t like was how this other person – who was supposed to be “leading” by example – handled the situation. She should’ve known better. Lo and behold, she approved the idea with no hesitations whatsoever. No persuasion, no nothing. I guess iba talaga kapag malakas ka. I mean, seriously now?!? I couldn’t for the life of me fathom her justification of FAIRNESS. "It's but fair. It's the fairest thing. Yaddi yaddi yadda." What the?! Their reasoning is ridiculously way off.

I just can't take it! I have decided to speak up if and when this preposterous idea is brought up again. I strongly feel the need to express my thoughts on this matter. Magalit na kung magalit. Mainis na kung mainis. For too many times, I kept my silence out of respect. However, I’ll be the devil’s advocate on this one. I really don’t think I can take this matter sitting down anymore because if I do, you can now officially call me a martyr, and a stupid one at that.

I know all these may sound vague but I will fill in the details soon (after this whole thing blows over) and I’m sure that most if not all will agree with me on this.

0 comments: