Kaput!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

My laptop just crashed on me. Just imagine three years worth of data (and even memories) all gone. This is so frustrating and stressful! I’ve been to several computer shops already and it seems that my hard drive is no longer recoverable – ayayayay!. In short, puwede ng itapon yung hard drive ko. To think, I’ve been meaning to back-up my files for quite some time now but just haven’t gotten around to actually doing it. Tough luck talaga.

I don’t want to go all sappy and relate this whole thing to philosophical thoughts about life. But really, sa kahit ano mang bagay naman sa buhay, it is really hard to let go of anything that you’ve invested your time and energy in. Like in my case, you can say that I’ve lost everything altogether – all the school and work documents (and yes, even my downloaded music) that I’ve worked hard for to varying degrees and have kept for safekeeping all these years. The most frustrating of all though is losing all the pictures! Those were just irreplaceable – imagine all the captured memories na puwede kong balik-balikan (sana). Hassle talaga.

So I’m back at one – starting again with a clean fresh slate. A brand new hard drive for my laptop, that is. I have yet to use my laptop though since I can’t seem to find the drivers for my laptop. Heck, I was pretty damn sure that the CDs weren’t included in the box. Sorry for my ignorance but ngayon ko lang nalaman what the drivers were for. So here I am now left with no other choice but to use the family desktop which by the way has lost its color function (forgot the technical part of the computer that got screwed up). Unless I find someone with the same laptop as mine, I would’ve to painstakingly download each driver from the internet. Nalito na nga ako sa dami eh. Grrr talaga.

So to everyone…it’s plain and simple. It’s always good to have a back-up. Trust me, I’ve learned my lesson the hard way.

0 comments: