Coolness

Friday, March 23, 2007

I finally had my laptop fixed yesterday. I've been putting it off for almost 2 weeks already. I actually should have done this earlier. My mom was already making me kulit to go straight to the supplier rather than going through all the computer shops in V-mall. I think I went to more than 5 stores already and nobody could fix my laptop. Having the new hard drive didn't really do anything. Since my entire OS was wiped out, I can't seem to figure out my network connections and I don't have the drivers for my laptop. As a result, my last resort was (to heed my mom's advice) to go back to my supplier. It took me awhile to do so because I was literally submerged with work that I can't even pick up the damn phone. So when I was finally able to contact my supplier, I made arrangements to have my laptop serviced. Although it was such a hassle to go all the way to some small street in San Juan, it was all worth it. As it turns out, my laptop is still under warranty - imagine, after 3 friggin' years?! The bad news is, they couldn't retrieve my hard drive anymore (hay, I don't want to think about it and go through all the emotional stress again, nyahaha). The good news though is, not only do I get to have my laptop fixed and hooked up (with legit software) for free but more so I get to have a brand new spanking IBM hard disk for free! Woohoo! Well I actually just asked for the sake of asking. I wasn't really expecting anything and I wasn't even planning on forcing a bargain like a typical customer would do. It's a good thing I asked. Sometimes it really doesn't hurt to try or in this case, ask.

0 comments: