Post Birthday Thoughts

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

We (that's me and Clarisse - my other half at birth) just celebrated our birthday last Friday. Nothing new, nothing exciting. Turning 23 wasn't any different from turning 20, 21, or 22 for that matter. I don't feel any older nor do I feel any wiser (haha). Although a lot has happened since last year, except for the fact that I'll be graduating soon, I think nothing much has really changed. Well, nothing really drastic or BIG anyway. Just like what we'd always do every year, we celebrated by eating out. This year I suggested Makati Shangri La's Red. Nice place, good food. However, they have very limited menu choices. We continued with the celebration the day after via a BBQ cookout for friends.


Birthday cookout!Posted by Hello

It started out one day – spur of the moment – during lunch at UCC when somebody (I’m not sure if it was me or Clarisse or my mom) suggested why not have a joint BBQ cookout instead. We’d always have family BBQ cookouts. We’d grill steak, chicken, barbeque, and prawns and we’d also make our own hamburgers and hotdog sandwiches. It was always fun to have cookouts and so we thought it was a good idea. Other than for the leftover food, the cookout turned out alright. I guess our food projections weren’t that accurate. It’s either that or I guess everyone was “nahihiya” or on a diet. Nonetheless, I’m really happy that everyone showed up. I’m not particularly super dooper fond of birthdays because it reminds me of my age (hehe). But seriously, I don’t want people to treat me any differently just because it’s my birthday. As much as possible, I want my birthday to be just like any other day. Don’t get me wrong it’s still a “special day” and it wouldn’t hurt if people were actually nice to you but people shouldn’t be too conscious of trying to be exaggeratedly nice to you (not that people were super extra nice to me anyway last Friday hehe). Simply being remembered on your “special day” is enough as it is. After all, it always feels great to be remembered, most especially by important people in your life – that for me is enough reason already to make me feel special.

0 comments: