Next Move After Graduation

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My OJT is officially over and done with today. Now that I've finished my OJT and with my thesis under way, I'm all set for graduation on December; although the march won't be happening until February. It's still hard to believe that I'll soon be graduating. Over all, college life didn't seem such a drag to me amidst all the stress and pressures of being a student. To think with a double degree, my college years were even extended to 5 years. I didn't mind though because I wanted to make the most out of my student life anyway before finally moving on to the real world. Well, the real world awaits me now. I'm no longer as scared of what the real world holds. I'm no longer as ignorant of what the real world is like. With the OJT experience under my belt (not that it was that much of a BIG experience hehe), I feel more confident and sure. I may have no idea of what's going to happen to me in the real world but at least now I know what to expect. I had a taste and more importantly, a feel of what the real world is like. The question now is...what does the real world have instore for me? I'm currently contemplating on whether or not to start job hunting. From my sister's experience, the job application process may take a while so it might be a good idea to start looking for job prospects as early as now. I don't want to later on succumb to the pressures of my parents most especially when the time comes that they'd start nagging me about my being idle for too long. In my opinion, I think I'll be needing at least a month's rest before mapping out the journey of my future career but just the same I'm willing to work right away if and when opportunity comes knocking at my door. I haven't decided yet whether to relax and take a break after graduation or to start looking for work as early as now so that by graduation, I'll have a job waiting in the wings. You know what's weird? Day to day nothing seems to change but pretty soon everything changes. No matter how much I wanted to take a shift from the monotony of the daily grind, in my mind...my efforts prove to be futile. But little did I now that slowly (and I hope surely hehe), small things, that for too many times I have taken for granted, are starting to unfold right in front of me and before I even start to realize it, change has already happened.

0 comments: